When it comes to vests, the name of UTG stands tall. Its parent company Leapers, Inc is one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of a wide range of advanced hunting and shooting sport products. Their UTG brand and the sister brand UTG PRO have gained immense popularity and recognition in the market. Today we will review the UTG 547law enforcement tactical vest and find out whether or not it meets the expectations customers have from such a company.
This tactical vest is specially built for those who are responsible for law enforcement, hence the name. It is mainly used by the police men, security, SWAT and military personnel for their tactical missions. However, the product is not just limited to the professionals. If you are someone who likes to practice shooting as a hobby or goes hunting often then this vest can be a good gear for you.
When we looked at the tactical vest it came across as sturdy and highly reliable. Our first impression was that it’s a good multipurpose and versatile vest that can be used to carry a lot of things at once. It has a sniper shoulder, a large size ID pouch, shot shell holder, radio, 3 pistol/ flashlight pouches, rifle mag pouches, double mag pouch, cross-draw holster and belt with pouches. These different sections come handy to hold different types of tools, ammunition and equipment.
Whether you belong to the law enforcement department that has to deal with tactical missions on a day to day basis or you simply need a robust vest with several compartments, this product is worth considering.
What we really like about the vest is that it is fully adjustable in length and girth, so it can be adjusted to fit almost all types of people with different built. It comes with a Velcro closure which makes sound whenever you try to move. However this can be ignored because it gives you a good fit. The vest features a heavy duty back loop system to enable you to carry extra tools and equipment.
The vest comes with a sturdy and highly durable rescue handle that ensures your safety in the field operations. Even though the vest is tough, it is not impenetrable. It is made from signature mesh ventilation system that makes the material highly breathable and lighter than nylon. It helps to release heat and moisture so you don’t feel hot or uncomfortable wearing the vest.
Features of the UTG 547 Law Enforcement Tactical Vest
- Measures 20.5 x 13.4 x 1.6 inches
- Weighs 4.2 pounds
- Fully adjustable
- 4 rifle mag pouches
- 1 cross-draw holster
- Reliable back loop system
- High quality zippers
- Long-lasting rescue handle
- Mesh ventilation system
- Non-slip shoulder pad
- Available in left and right-handed versions
- Extremely comfortable and fits most people with different built
- Lightweight and easy to carry with you
- Made from highly tough and durable material, not flimsy mesh
- There are lots of pockets to carry a several tools and equipment
- Velcro straps help you fasten securely and with great ease
- There are two pistol holsters and two extra magazine pouches
- Special place to keep your walkie-talkie
- There are three large sized internal pouches
- Right shoulder strap comes with extra padding which makes carrying easier when the load gets heavier
- Pockets are spacious enough to comfortably hold things meant to go inside
- There are total 5 pistol magazines and 6 rifle magazine pockets
- The quality may differ and it is slightly uneven in some areas
- Vest is too stiff and the movement feels restricted
- Cannot be customized to meet your needs
- Feels very sharp on the corners
- Straps are annoying and they feel really difficult to adjust
- Smells really bad
We compared the UTG 547 Law Enforcement Tactical Vest with competitor products like YAKEDA Tactical CS Field Vest and GZ XINXING Tactical vest. We found that the product in review looks more compact yet sturdier than the competitor products. The shoulder straps are narrow and padded in UTG tactical vest which makes it more comfortable to wear. It is also slightly more expensive that other products in this category.
Whether you belong to the law enforcement department or you are a simple civilian looking for a good and reliable protective wear, theUTG 547 Law Enforcement Tactical Vest comes across as a good option. Please be warned that the vest smells terrible but it’s just the new vest smell that goes after sometime. So, you will need to wear it for some days to let that bad smell dissipate. Although you cannot customize the vest according to your needs, you can make minor adjustments to suit your personal requirements. This tactical vest is slightly more expensive than competitors and it comes across as good value for money. Overall, this is a well-built tactical vest that not only looks sturdy but also performs really well.